MISSION STATEMENT: It is our mission to provide the highest quality education to the children of San Pedro. We seek to effectively prepare our students for the challenges of life in the 21st century – mentally, morally, spiritually, emotionally and physically – by providing a Christ-centered, state of the art educational environment. The health, welfare and positive development of each student is our highest priority.
Those are not just nice words, they are words we take seriously and all our staff work hard each day to make this happen despite the many frustrations and obstacles that exist in school systems world wide.
We cannot do this alone; we must develop long term, mutually beneficial PARTNERSHIPS with organizations in the USA and Canada – especially the Anglican and Episcopal churches. In these partnerships we support the spiritual growth of church members by providing safe yet significant projects for mission teams – youth and adult; while your church/organization helps by raising the awareness, funds, supplies and volunteers we need to continue making a positive change for the children of San Mateo.
VISION: In the coming 5 years it is our vision that:
- An Anglican Church can be planted in our community that provides support, faith, encouragement, community and counsel for our students, their families and their community.
- Our students will have vocational training opportunities that dramatically increase their chance of finding meaningful work that will sustain them and their families for a lifetime.
- Our school becomes more financially and environmentally sustainable through ongoing projects that provide electricity and clean water.
- Building projects are completed that support the education of our students without significantly increasing (or even decreasing) the running costs for the school.
- We would obtain excellent academic results while continuing to take in the students from the poorest families and toughest backgrounds.
But we cannot do this without you. Please support us to make this vision a reality.