If you’re coming to visit, or wondering how to support us, please help us out by putting one or many of these items in your bags to drop off at the school! Contact us to let us know you’re coming and ask if we have any other urgent needs. Here is how to ship items to Belize. See our FAQ page regarding customs in Belize.
*** Buy school supplies from Staples and take advantage of the tax exemption on the Holy Cross Education Foundation account. Quote customer number 2370273423. This is valid when shopping in person or on-line. ***
***Dollar Day$ is a great online store where anyone can buy supplies at wholesale prices, either by the case or individually***
Urgent needs (Back to School 2017)
- Dustless Chalk
- Clear wide tape (such as clear packing tape. Our teachers use it to laminate teaching supplies)
- Hard plastic plates and cups – for the school feeding program
- Volleyballs & Volleyball net
- Soccer balls
- Boys/girls shoes, closed toe, tennis shoes or flats, sizes 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
- 4 colors for our printer: (gray, magenta, yellow and cyan. Gray is the most urgent) link here
- Kyocera Mantenance kit–link here
- Construction paper
- Wide tip permanent markers for teachers to make supplies Black, green, blue, red, yellow, purple ($) (These are great value)
- Blackboard borders
DO NOT NEED: Glue Sticks, student marker pens (they dry out too fast in the heat).
- Ryobi Drill Battery
- Drill Bits
- Staple Guns – heavy duty
- Shoes (tennis and flats) – all sizes from preschool to 8th grade. Boys and girls.
- Simple toys & prizes – for good behavior, dental visits, academic excellence and graduation. Matchbox cars, noise makers, pretty pencils and notebooks, hair clips…
- Softball equipment Especially mitts, but also bats and balls and even uniforms. Middle school sizes.
- Small and medium plastic storage boxes for classroom supplies (4 -12″ long)
- Portable CD boom box – for teachers to play music to students
- Bristol board (poster paper) for teacher’s posters. Can be purchased locally.
- Pocket Folders
- Story books – Hard cover – suitable to read to preschool children
- Cuisenaire – Math rods of different length to show numbers like these
- Bulletin Board Supplies(Seasonal decorations, borders, disposable tablecloths for backgrounds, pictures for seasonal themes (Lent, Valentines, Christmas…)
- Posters (science, weather, math, food pyramid…)
- Felt – all colors, for teachers to make teaching aids from.
- Paint for students (powder or liquid). Washable. Also brushes.
- Pens – red ballpoint for grading papers.
- Student sized whiteboards
- Whiteboard markers
- Chalk board/whiteboard dusters
- Chalk -Dustless
- Classroom awards .eg. outstanding student award
- Batteries – AA & D
- Masking tape
- Liquid paper
- Zip Lock Bags all sizes
- Chalkboard borders
- Erasers & personal pencil sharpeners
- Page Protectors
- Post-it notes
- Coloring books
- Balloons – All sizes and colors.
- Clear packing tape – our teachers use it to laminate teaching aids.
- Nice bibles for our graduating class (Standard 6/8th Grade). We need 45 in total, but they don’t all need to match.
- Adhesive magnetic strips like this or this (we have magnetic blackboards, this allows teachers to adhere educational aids to the blackboard).
- Hot glue sticks for glue gun, size mini.
- Ribbons (all colors and widths)
- Clothes pins
- Safety pins
- Pipe Cleaners
- Large Googly Eyes
- Foam paper
- Paper plates
- Craft Sticks
- Construction paper