If you’re coming to visit, or wondering how to support us, please help us out by putting one or many of these items in your bags to drop off at the school! Contact us to let us know you’re coming and ask if we have any other urgent needs. Here is how to ship items to Belize. See our FAQ page regarding customs in Belize.
*** Buy school supplies from Staples and take advantage of the tax exemption on the Holy Cross Education Foundation account. Quote customer number 2370273423. This is valid when shopping in person or on-line. ***
***Dollar Day$ is a great online store where anyone can buy supplies at wholesale prices, either by the case or individually***
Urgent needs (September 2016)
Our most urgent needs are for back to school supplies for the new school year. Items marked with $ can be purchased locally if we receive funds.
- Basketballs and hoops – all sizes from preschool to adult.
- Construction paper
- Craft supplies (scroll down for a full list)
- Page protectors – like these
- Thumb tacks – basic steel or brass, please no plastic or decorative ones. These get pushed into HARD wood.
- Blackboard erasers
- Staples for staple gun – T21 (1/4, 6mm) (like these)
- Wide tip permanent markers for teachers to make supplies Black, green, blue, red, yellow, purple ($) (These are great value)
- Boys/girls shoes, closed toe, tennis shoes or flats, sizes 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
DO NOT NEED: Glue Sticks, student marker pens (they dry out too fast in the heat). We have enough writing pencils and staples.
- Sawzall Blades
- Circular Saw Blades
- Drill Bits
- Staple Guns – heavy duty
- Copier toner. Need one of each color shown here
- Portable CD boom box – for teachers to play music to students
- Flat screen TV 48-54″- for showing educational programs to the students in the cafeteria.
- Basic Science Lab Equipment Plastic beakers, test tubes, measuring cylinders, Litmus paper, universal indicator),
- Bristol board (poster paper) for teacher’s posters. Can be purchased locally.
- Class book sets for early readers, with DVD of the book. eg Mother Goose, Cinderella
- Tangrams – Math shape game like these
- Cuisenaire – Math rods of different length to show numbers like these
- Bulletin Board Supplies(Seasonal decorations, borders, disposable tablecloths for backgrounds, pictures for seasonal themes (Lent, Valentines, Christmas…)
- Posters (science, weather, math, food pyramid…)
- Tennis shoes and flats – for 4 years through 15 years, Gently worn and clean is OK.
- Paint for students (powder or liquid). Washable. Also brushes.
- Pens – red ballpoint for grading papers.
- Rubber bands
- Student sized whiteboards
- Whiteboard markers
- Chalk board dusters
- Chalk -Dustless
- Classroom awards .eg. outstanding student award
- Batteries – AA & D
- Masking and clear tape
- Liquid paper
- Zip Lock Bags all sizes
- Chalkboard borders
- Erasers & personal pencil sharpeners
- Page Protectors
- Coloring books
- Balloons – All sizes and colors.
- Bifold cards with envelopes – 4×6 or 5×7 – we use for graduation invites. example
- Clear packing tape – our teachers use it to laminate teaching aids.
- Nice bibles for our graduating class (Standard 6/8th Grade). We need 45 in total, but they don’t all
- Toys & Prizes – small and large (for good behavior, dental visits, academic excellence and graduation)need to match.
- Adhesive magnetic strips like this or this (we have magnetic blackboards, this allows teachers to adhere educational aids to the blackboard).
- Hot glue sticks for glue gun, size mini.
- Ribbons (all colors and widths)
- Clothes pins
- Safety pins
- Pipe Cleaners
- Large Googly Eyes
- Foam paper
- Paper plates
- Craft Sticks
- Construction paper
First Aid & Medical Supplies
- Head Lice Shampoo
- Pepto Bismol for Children and 12+ years
- Adult gummy vitamins and vitamin C gummies
- Adult Ibuprofin
- Benadryl Cream
- Acetaminophen melt- away (2-6 years)
- Junior Tylenol
- Bayer Aspirin migraine for adults
- Children pain relief– Ages 2-6
- Sterile gauze pads & tape